Sunday, December 28, 2008

Family, Fires, and long Frosty Sunsets - We are Home


e

l


y















It wasn't the easiest adjustment to reaclimate to the bitter temperature change and lack of daylight. Our second day back when we hauled the kids off to the zoo in single digit temperatures they both balked at the number of layers they had to wear. I believe Liam's words were "Want Off!" referring to the coat, hat, and gloves. But, as you can see he has adjusted and is back to wearing the hats as a fashion statement indoors. It helped that it was Christmastime and Russell's parents arrived just a few days after we did. The excitement eased the transition for the kids.

Understandably so (I guess), after three months away, I was more or less thrown back to work and saw very little of my wonderful in-laws. Although I missed visiting with them it was probably a blessing that they were there for that time period to help Russell. They are now visiting their newest grandson, Atagan Asher Hood, in Juneau. After much anticipation he arrived on December 18th.

The kids have been having a ball reacquainting with their toys - both old and the new Christmas ones. But, Liam still has a fondness for the trusty little cars and planes that traveled Central America with us. They just a get a ride in the John Deere dump truck now. Natalie will start at her new pre-school next week and I have no doubt she will be glad to have some interaction with kids other than her brother.

Meanwhile, Russell and I are slowly trying to get back into skiing shape. Fortunately, the snow is awesome so far this winter. We just need to toughen our skin up to the cold and strengthen those skiing muscles. After a week solid in the hospital almost all my freckles have faded. Sniff. And I think I need to go buy some Vitamin D now. I miss humidity as well. But, this is home and it is good on some level to be back.

The trip slideshows can still be found scrolling to the end of the posts.

Happy 09!!

No comments: